Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby Sienna

My good friend Mel recently had her second baby - a girl this time!  Her name is Sienna and here is the card I made for them.
I don't use Bold Brights very much - I just don't seem to have the knack with them...but I tried here by using Pixie Pink when I normally would have used Pretty in Pink or Regal Rose.  

I really struggled with this card!  I usually find card making pretty easy but this one just had me stumped and I had to keep leaving it and coming back to it.  I had originally tried to make this card with a different sentiment stamp from one of the hostess sets but it just didn't fit on the card with the elephant.

I also knew I wanted to use up some of the pretty Silver Hodge Podge Hardware - I have got to start using this stuff and not just "saving" it for something!

I used some Crystal Effects on the elephant's ear (which is also cut out and mounted on a dimensional) and her toes, as well as on the flower.

Stamps: Wild About You, Think Happy Thoughts, Scatter Sunshine (jumbo wheel)

Inks: Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery (marker) Pretty in Pink (marker) Versamark (jumbo cartridge)

Paper: Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White

Accessories: Silver Hodge Podge, Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects

Tools: 1&1/4, 1&3/8 Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, 

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

It is very pretty... but like you, I also struggle to used Bold brights! Might just have to give it a go! :)