Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby Tia's Scrapbook

The newsest addition to our Mother's Group tribe is baby Tia.  It has taken me a while to get the time to finish it off, but I was finally able to giver her the gift I made for her - a baby scrapbook.


This scrapbook was actually really quick and easy to make (just took me a while to get around to it!).  All the layouts are very simple and easy to do.  There are no time-consuming techniques involved so it would be easy to reproduce in the future.

I chose to work in 8x8 inches as it is just the right size for 1 6x4 photo on each page plus a little embellishment and journalling.

I have left the journalling up to her mum and dad to add in as they add photos to the album.

All the photo mats are 6 1/4 inches x 4 1/4 inches so that there will be a nice 1/4 inch border once the photos are added.




This is the first page in the album.  Here I have used the "Bundle of Joy" stamp set.  The images are stamped in Basic Brown and coloured with watercolour crayons and the aquapainter.  The colours used are Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana and Whisper White.  The giraffe and teddy bear were cut out and mounted with Dimensionals.

The photograph is one I took of Tia when I visited her in hospital, as is the one on the front cover.


No comments: