Saturday, April 4, 2009

Basic Birthdays

Here are some basic birthday cards I made reently for some of my son's little friends.


This one was for Evie. Her party was a Princess/Pirates dress up theme so I tried to make a Princess card for her. I used the "All in the Family" stamp set and got the crown from the now retired "Unfrogettable" stamp set. If I'd had the accessories set that goes with All in the Family, I would have had a perfect crown stamp, but I think this one turned out ok.

I had to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for this card to line up all the separate stamps of the body parts and crown. Funny story, every time I stamped the left arm it ended up in the wrong place, even though I was using the stamp-a-ma-jig! I FINALLY figured out (after aout the 3rd time) that I needed to turn the stamp over and have a look - sure enough, the piece of rubber had MOVED on the block! I had previously made up image sheets on vellum but because the rubber had moved, it no longer stamped in the same position as the arm on the image sheet!! Ugh. Anyways, I got it fixed up in the end.



This card was for Ilani. She didn't have a dress up theme but her party invitation did have butterflies on it so I reached for the "Garden Whimsy" set. I used the rock'n'roll technique for the butterflies but used a darker marker around the edges of the flower and snail to get a similar effect to rock'n'roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it!! very nice!!!