Monday, April 6, 2009

Pick A Purple Petal

The idea for this card came from the following picture in our new catalogue:

The catalouge is such a great resource! You can copy the samples exactly or do what I've done here and use it for inspiration. I've copied the layout but changed it a little bit by adding the scalloped border instead of a piece of ribbon.

I also changed the colours. The colour combination was inspired by the Colour Wheel. The colour wheel doesn't have the in colours on it so I substitiuted them in for other colours. The colour wheel suggested a combination of Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Pretty In Pink. I swapped the Olive for Kiwi and the Pretty in Pink for Pink Piroutte.



Stamps: Pick A Petal, Short and Sweet
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Piroutte, Whisper White
Accessories: nil
Tools: Word Window Punch, Scalloped Edge punch, Distressing Tool (Cutter Kit), 1 inch circle punch

3 comments:

Liz Collett said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Card and Colour Combination - Love it!

Liz Collett said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Card and Colour Combination - Love it!

Liz Collett said...

Look - I loved it so much I managed to leave 2 comments!