Saturday, September 5, 2009

Birthday card for FIL

FIL stands for Father-In-Law in case you didn't know! LOL!

This is the card I made for my husband's father last month for his birthday.

I was really happy with how this turned out. It was my first attempt at the "faux wood grain" technique.

Faux woodgrain is actually REALLY easy to do! You just need a piece of More Mustard cardstock and some ink pads. You simply drag the ink pads directly over the cardstock!
I started with the More Mustard ink pad, followed by Close to Cocoa and then a little Chocolate Chip. Lastly a little bit of Whisper White craft ink. Just be careful with that - you don't want to use too much. And just go gently - you don't want the other colours ending up in your white pad.

The circle sentiment was done using the "faux metal" techinique. You can see a tutorial I've done on it HERE.

The saw was stamped in Basic Brown ink onto Watercolour paper and watercoloured with the Neutrals Markers and an Aquapainter.

No comments: