Saturday, January 16, 2016

Rose Garden "inlay" Technique

 I've used the gorgeous new Rose Garden thinlits dies with this "inlay" technique to create this fun and pretty card.

I cut the rose from the gold foil sheets and used the Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the little pieces.  Then I cut the same rose from the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper (available as a free product during sale-a-oration right now). I glued the gold rose outline down (using the fine tip glue pen) and then laid in all the little pieces from the pink designer paper into the spaces.  It was a little bit fiddly but really not too bad!

Before I glued the rose down, I stamped the leaves from the Rose Wonder stamp set in Wild Wasabai ink.  I also stamped the sentiment in Wild Wasabi and cut it out with the matching die.  This bundle coordinates just perfectly!

My stamp club ladies will be making this card on Sunday :-)






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: